Saturday, 10 June 2017

Additions to the GTK2 Studio......

Simple title eh?

A few new additions to the software collection on the studio computer.

First up is a multi-effects plugin called Frostbite from a company called AudioThing. I've really got into the AudioThing products and now have a few of their plugs. Frostbite is a curious little thing as it combines a ring modulator, a freeze function and a feedback module. Combined, these three effects provide for a really interesting ice-like shimmer on anything you put through it, or you can go for complete resonant FSU (fuck shit up) on your audio signal, but what ever you do, it's great for ambient or cinematic stuff.



Next up are two very major inclusions to the GTK2 Studio software collection, and they represent something of a major investment.

The first is Native Instruments Komplete 11. This collection of top drawer quality music software comprises 45 products that cover sampling, synthesis, rhythm and percussion and sound processing. Synths such as Massive, Absynth 5 and FM8 are included as well as the industry standard sampler, the mighty Kontakt 5. Also within the package are a several sample packs to use with Kontakt 5.


And the second is Spectrasonics Trilian total bass module. As it's name suggests, it's all about bass, but it really is so much more. Grooves, synth basses, electric basses and acoustic basses are all covered in this, pretty much, one-stop plugin. It also integrates itself into Spectrasonics' flagship product, Omnisphere 2 and it's one hell of an awesome combination!!! It quite simply sounds incredible.


And lastly, on the hardware front, the Arturia SparkLE drum machine controller has arrived and is now in situ in the GTK2 Studio. It's brilliant and definitely more in line with my way of working than the M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro (which I now have for sale!!!). It's smaller footprint means it sits nicely on my desk and for me, it's like going back in time to using drum machines of old. It also has lights, lots of them. And it looks pretty cool as well :-D

So, now I'm completely broke but I do have a very full studio with some of the best software on the market. And with the time I have now found through altering various aspects of my life, I suppose I really ought to get on with doing something with it all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but keep it constructive and observe the fact that I am quite skilled with the "Delete" button and will use it without losing an ounce of sleep. Also note that I have deployed Adsense, so please do not presume to post links or banners to promote/advertise your business/company - contact me first so that we can discuss a fee that you really won't want to pay, but I would have no qualms in receiving. Any such links/banners will be deleted with no explanation and no feelings of guilt or remorse on my part ;-)